Inside Innovation – 24 hours inside Sero
Delivering zero carbon solutions that also support tenants and residents in providing affordable energy has never been more important. The energy market as we knew it is broken and costs are not going to reduce soon. Social Policy Research at the University of York predicts that two-thirds of households in the UK or 45 MILLION people will be in fuel poverty by January 2023. This varies by region, but this figure includes 72.8% of households in Scotland and 56.4% in London. Combined with wider inflation at a 40 year high, is pushing up many costs including the price of food.
This is a very challenging time.
Sero are leading the sector in end-to-end and zero carbon solutions. We have partnered with Sero to showcase viable, more engaging solutions to deliver zero carbon for new and for existing homes, including innovative ways to fund them.
On this visit you’ll learn about:
- The future of energy, moving to a comfort-based model from a commodity cost model.
- Retrofit Homes – Penderi Energy Project, Swansea. We will visit a flagship scheme for Wales and Sero that will see 650 homes benefiting from renewable energy generation, energy storage and smart energy management technology. We will understand what the offer is to tenants and what the funding options exist for retrofitting for the Housing Provider including self-financing net zero retrofits and projects with a positive NPV investment.
- New Homes – Aspen Grove, Rumney, Cardiff. We will visit a new build development where Sero technology is inbuilt as standard into the specification. What is it and how it works and the innovative funding options available.
- We’ll also look in detail at how these homes are performing, how they are valued and why and how all new homes should be built to Net Zero
Who is this event for?
This is a PIN membership event for executive and director decision makers in new build and existing stock (including finance colleagues).
This event is limited to 20 people.
Attendees will go away with a greater understanding of:
- Financing opportunities and how to secure them
- The potential and viability of the available technologies and strategies for implementing Net Zero homes
- Strategies and solutions for engaging with residents to facilitate co-operation with communities.
How much will it cost?
This is an exclusive event for PIN members. There is no charge for this event with lunch and both days and dinner on day one included in the event. Attendees are responsible to book and pay for their accommodation and travel.
Click this link to see the programme and book: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/inside-innovation-24-hours-inside-sero-tickets-465173886617