DINLab Briefing: Tech to predict, measure & fix damp and mould at scale
Test before you invest! DINLab is our innovation platform to rapidly test, learn and evaluate new services and solutions with start-ups, early-stage growth and new market entrants.
Imagine you saw a film trailer for 0.1 seconds.
How confident would you be in assessing the story?
Only 0.002% of a home’s lifecycle is observed (by a 60 minute stock survey every 5 years).
The mould and damp risks, the insulation performance, underheating risks, the tenants comfort and welfare. It is not enough time.
How can you tell when and where mould and damp started and where it is developing? Is it life-style, the structure thing or a bit of both? How do the repairs and improvements perform over time? Is money and time being spent in the right places?
We have partnered with Awaretag on this DINLab to look at an alternative way of reactively and proactively managing damp and mould, reducing disrepair and focusing resources where it’s most needed.
This DINLab has been designed to test their product at a greater scale, including:
- Using the sensors to create a living digital picture of how daily activities and building quality contribute to mould and damp in the home
- Applying digital twining principles to predict the performance of 200 homes without sensors in them and identify customers who are seldom heard.
- Working with tenants and colleagues to see how the insights are used to tackle current mould and damp cases pre and post repair; the self-help and assistance needed, the repair required and if the improvement is sustained.
- How the seldom heard can be reached and mould, damp and fuel poverty discovered that was not visible before.
- The delivery, self-install and returns process.
To find out more including the methodology, resources, the cost and the team involved, please take a look at our prospectus and book your place at the briefing on Monday 19th September 2022