DIN study visit: Inside IKEA - The world's most sustainable store
The first DIN Study Visit of 2024!
We will go inside IKEA's most sustainable retail store on the planet in Greenwich to learn more about it's journey towards its planet positive strategy, as well as how it delivers memorable customer experiences, innovates and how it is seeking to tackle furniture poverty with social landlords.
DIN members will get an opportunity to learn from this global retailer and its work to be a better corporate citizen and to help its customers a live a little better everyday.
In particular, we will focus on some of the areas for which they are known to be world leaders and which have cross over to DIN members in social housing.
- Story of Greenwich - Community engagement, building an eco friendly destination
- Store tour - the immersive store experience, boosting wellbeing, innovative learning labs, the customer experience, sustainable architecture
- Lunch - IKEA meat and plant balls, and dime cake, all your favourites
- IKEA's response to climate change, unsustainable consumption and inequality (focus on hidden homelessness and skills for employment)
- IKEA's offer to the social housing sector
- Discussion on what IKEA and social landlords can collaborate on
• Jing Li – Market Manager, IKEA Greenwich
• Greg Lucas – Country Sustainability Manager
• Charlotte Markham – IKEA for Business Leader, London
• James Hood – IKEA for Business Key Account Manager, London
Because this is a study visit places are very limited and will be allocated on a first serve basis. We expect it will be very popular so get your place reserved ASAP!
Attendance is free as part of your DIN membership subscription however due to an increasing number of no-shows without apologies there will be a charge of £199+VAT for anyone booking who does not show up for this event.