A Flood Safe House - A safe way to build homes in flood zones
Join us as we learn about the Hadley FloodSafe House™ a safe way to build homes in flood zones – a game changing innovation.
- 250,000 new houses are built in the UK every year, 10% in flood zones 1 and 3.
- 33 (10%) Local Authorities built 15,000 (60%) of new houses in Flood Zones
A Hadley Floodsafe House that raises up to 1.5m above flood water thus protecting the house, which means tenants/owners can return to their homes after a flood event with no costly repairs required to the house.
About the inventor: Andrew Parker
Andrew, a builder by trade, witnessed a friend’s house be flooded and watched the devastating effect it had on his friend and his family and believed there must be a solution. He then spent the several years developing a prototype working with industry partners which has resulted in a totally innovative solution of a Floodsafe House, which will challenge the norm.
About the event
- A brief description of the challenges, which are only going to get worse, with climate change.
- A brief description of the journey and how he arrived at the solution.
- The recent successful tests on a full size house at the research facility HR Wallingford.
- Next steps an exemplar site that the solution can unlock.
- Andrew Parker – Founder - Floodjack International
- Simon Gilliland – Director at WSP
- John Spencer – Founder and Managing Director at Envision Solutions
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest or responsibility for development, sustainability and new homes.
Free to PIN members as part of your membership.